Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bottle boycott

Default Bottle boycott

So sorry if this issue has been recently posted, but I haven't the time to live on this site like I did w/ my DS a few years ago.

Any suggestions for when you LO will not take a bottle. My DD will just sit, play and sleep for my DH while I am at work. She will go 12 hours from last feeding until I return home without eating. I have even tried to wake her before I leave, and she just won't nurse. I do allow her nurse on demand while I am home and we co-sleep, so I am the all-night buffet ... but I would rather she slept and didn't nurse for 12 hours than go that long in the day.

We have tried different nipples, mini medicine cups, bottle cap cups, and syringes.

So lovely ladies ... I hope you have some suggestions for me and my DH

Default Re: Bottle boycott

I cannot help but I have a similar problem so I can relate. I just started back to work and my baby is 5 months old. She will not eat at the sitters. It is a horrible feeling. I have spent $30 on just nibbles. She just chews on the nibble and milk runs everywhere.

I do not know what we are going to do.

Mine is five months too! Well the funny thing is ... she has taken the bottle in the past. I ended up with a terribly ruptured disc from delivery. I had two rounds of epidurals and then back surgery. So, she has had bottles off and on. It was five days in the hospital with no problems when she was three months. We just thought there wouldn't be a problem after that. Now two months after surgery ... it's like hey .. Mommy or nothing!

MIne has taken a bottle in the past!!! We use the born free glass bottles and she has never had an issue before now. Only at first, I have the lipase issue and have to scald my milk, but she has never pushed it out with her tongue and just let the milk run everywhere!!!

Does your baby have any teeth?