Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: too cute

Default too cute

My dd has been weaned for about 6 weeks now but still occasionally asks about the milkies. I tell her mommy milkies are all gone (which is true they are completely dried out) but mommy still loves her very much and I can hug her or carry her or rock her if she wants. She does not get upset and occasionally asks me to pick her up. One day recently she looked down my pajama top with amazement and said "you hiding the milkies under there" I again told her they were empty and she said "Oh can I have rice milk in my sippy cup" I picked her up and held her with her cup. Tonight before bed she walked into my room and stood by my bed and ask for mommy milk ( I have not nursed her in bed for probably 6 months or more) I told her I did not have any but I would rock her in her room if she wanted. She was so cute and sat on my lap, looked at me with her huge blues and let me rock her. It was bliss for my recently weaned very active 22 month old to be so cuddly. I am so thankful for all the support I got here and to be able to have given her such a great gift that she obviously very much appreciated. Nursing is the best thing ever.

Default Re: too cute

so sweet
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

That is a beautiful story and a smart little sweet girl!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

Thank you for sharing that beautiful story. My 27 month old just weaned too, mostly because my milk ran out (I'm 5mth PG) but also because he was heading that way anyway, usually only asking for 'kikis' once a week or less. He has been great about it and what you describe sounds really similar to what's been happening around here. He saw the kikis recently when he saw me getting dressed and asked to nurse and I reminded him they were empty and offered a drink in a cup and a hug instead. I'm amazed how well he's adapting, and I'm happy for you and your sweet LO that it's going so well for you too.
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

aww makes me teary. beautiful

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*