Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your b/fed baby have anti-gravity poop?

Cool Does your b/fed baby have anti-gravity poop?

I have to pack TWO extra outfits for DS's sitter! Same story when he's home--the poop seems to go UP and right out of the diaper, onto his back. He laughs and laughs, too, as I labor through cleaning him up AGAIN! He's totally healthy, but wondering if anyone else is basically supporting Tide all by yourself because you do 400 loads of laundry a week?
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Default Re: Does your b/fed baby have anti-gravity poop?

Oh yeah... I remember those days well and not too fondly. Thank goodness exclusively BF poop is mild in odor and the texture isn't too bad, otherwise can you imagine how disgusting it would be?!

We've had some pretty big explosions since we switched to cloth and not a leak in sight - I've heard a lot of mamas find that using cloth on their LOs keep the blowouts at bay.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    I've heard a lot of mamas find that using cloth on their LOs keep the blowouts at bay.
    REALLY!! I will have to look into this! Thanks for the tip!
    ---Josie

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

BF for 22 mo.

I found for disposables, Pampers swaddlers/cruisers work well too, they're definitely more absorbent, but they also seem to be a little longer than the others and my dd is tall for her age so that's a plus. You might also see if it's time to go up a size... I know for us, the weight guideline was useless, she went up to size 4's at like 22lbs or less because of her length, even though the size 3 says they go up to 28lbs or so. HTH.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jadesmama View Post
    I found for disposables, Pampers swaddlers/cruisers work well too, they're definitely more absorbent, but they also seem to be a little longer than the others and my dd is tall for her age so that's a plus. You might also see if it's time to go up a size... I know for us, the weight guideline was useless, she went up to size 4's at like 22lbs or less because of her length, even though the size 3 says they go up to 28lbs or so. HTH.
    I ONLY use Pampers, bc the other brands do nothing to help curb the anti-gravity properties of his poop! TY
    ---Josie

BF for 22 mo.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jadesmama View Post
    DD1 is also very tall for her age. We had to do the same thing with the sizes.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    DD1 is also very tall for her age. We had to do the same thing with the sizes.
    Same here. My DD has been in size 4 Pampers forever, WAY before she got to the 22 pound range.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I've used disposables and cloth, and I have to say, that while we stopped using cloth, it was the BEST for keeping the poo INSIDE the diaper. We used these cloth diapers: http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=98 and thought they were awesome.

In sposies, we found Huggies Supreme's worked the best for us. Pampers really didn't work for us well. I'd guess though, that since kids are all different shapes, that what works for one family might not work for another, so I'm sure it's not Pamper's fault they couldn't keep the poo in

We frequently have had this problem. We were told to go up a size in disposables, but it seems like we are constantly going up a size and having extra diapers left over. It's such a waste! So now we're in the process of transferring over to cloth diapers. Can't wait!!!!
    Mommy to Baby K, born 5-13-08 after 30 hours of labor and a c-section

Pumped for 30 months

3 years of breastfeeding and counting!!!!

I'm a (breastfeeding) (vegetarian) mama!

She definitely does! We found that the pamper's swaddlers work best for disposable diapers. I've only had a little bit of a leak once while using those. With any other brand we always have poop explosions.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!