Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Finally seem to be balanced!

Smile Finally seem to be balanced!

Well, at 4 1/2 mo. and after more than 3 mo. of block feeding and trying all kinds of things, DD finally had a seedy, yellow stool today! Actually, 3 so far! I never thought I would be so happy to see poop in all my life!
    We did 12 hour long block feedings, I ended up being sick and taking sudafed for about a week, I finally decided to try a slightly different approach to block feeding. I nursed her on each side at least 2 full "meals" plus comfort nursing in between and then switched to the other side, paying attention to how long and how many times since I started nursing on one side instead of a clock schedule. I just wanted to share so maybe someone else who has been thinking that the OS and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance issue may never go away might be encouraged.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

Default Re: Finally seem to be balanced!

Wonderful news, Chelsea! You really stuck with it in trying to find something that works for you and your baby.

That's the message I want other mothers to receive--that there is no *one* right way to block feed (or breastfeed). With patience and creativity, a mother will almost always find a way that works for her and her baby!
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Default Re: Finally seem to be balanced!

That's great! I'll bet pre-baby you never imagined how much poop could excite you.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.