Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Shannon75 I need your help

Default Shannon75 I need your help

Shannon 75 I just read your experience with the blood in the stool information. I am really needing to talk to you about my son's current situation. I posted the thread "Trying to cope with the news" on page 3 and I am still struggling. The Gastro. Spec. demanded that my son be taken off of the BM Nov. 25 and be placed on Similac Alimentum to heal his intestine. From Oct. 23 until Nov. 25 he had green stools with many streaks of blood and then he passed a total of 4 blood clots without any stool in the meantime. A scope was done and found that he had severe allergic colitis. A stool culture was done and it came back normal. Since he has been off of my BM for a week I have went on a strict Elimination diet of having no Beef, Pork, dairy, soy, wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts and tree nuts. I know this is eliminating too much, but I am so afraid of having something to cause this terrible situation all over again. He is currently 5 1/2Months and he is doing amazing on the formula. I know that I can get my BM to do the same. I have regulated my oversupply of milk and the overactive let down that I was experiencing. The green stool was from entirely too much FM from which I had no idea about being a first time mom. I found out about LL League way too late and needed you moms a long time ago! I am looking into the Pancreatic Enyzmes to take as suggested by the Lactation Consultants at the Hospital where I delivered. Any suggestions of the brand, amount, strengths to buy? My game plan is to have my system clean of the allergins, letdown/oversupply regulated and take the Panc. Enzymes to assist. Any other things I am missing. I want this to be a success! I miss my son so much not being able to BF. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Shannon75 I need your help

You might try sending Shannon75 a private message through the LLL website. I think when you send a PM, the person you are sending a message to gets a notification in their email inbox alerting them of the message, so you might have a better chance of contacting her that way. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

HTH

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Default Re: Shannon75 I need your help

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dedicatedmother View Post
    Shannon 75 I just read your experience with the blood in the stool information. I am really needing to talk to you about my son's current situation. I posted the thread "Trying to cope with the news" on page 3 and I am still struggling. The Gastro. Spec. demanded that my son be taken off of the BM Nov. 25 and be placed on Similac Alimentum to heal his intestine. From Oct. 23 until Nov. 25 he had green stools with many streaks of blood and then he passed a total of 4 blood clots without any stool in the meantime. A scope was done and found that he had severe allergic colitis. A stool culture was done and it came back normal. Since he has been off of my BM for a week I have went on a strict Elimination diet of having no Beef, Pork, dairy, soy, wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts and tree nuts. I know this is eliminating too much, but I am so afraid of having something to cause this terrible situation all over again. He is currently 5 1/2Months and he is doing amazing on the formula. I know that I can get my BM to do the same. I have regulated my oversupply of milk and the overactive let down that I was experiencing. The green stool was from entirely too much FM from which I had no idea about being a first time mom. I found out about LL League way too late and needed you moms a long time ago! I am looking into the Pancreatic Enyzmes to take as suggested by the Lactation Consultants at the Hospital where I delivered. Any suggestions of the brand, amount, strengths to buy? My game plan is to have my system clean of the allergins, letdown/oversupply regulated and take the Panc. Enzymes to assist. Any other things I am missing. I want this to be a success! I miss my son so much not being able to BF. Thank you in advance.
    I am glad you came back! I saw your first post. I will pm you my number. I'll be available to rest of the day.