Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Leaking everywhere!!

Default Leaking everywhere!!

I should be thankful that im not having a shortage of milk... and i am... BUT i am getting tired of changing my bras and shirts 4 to 5 times a day! I am leaking everywhere! I go through pads like nothing and ive even resorted to wearing two at a time. Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any advice???

Default Re: Leaking everywhere!!

You can try different types of nursing pads. One thing I have heard is to fold up cloth diapers for nursing pads, though I have not tried it. Another thing is to use disposable nursing pads. they don't leak as easily And I can highly reccomend lansinoh brand for block nursing if you can afford them. A cheaper option is Wal-mart sell a brand I think called Curitol? They worked really well for me and are similar to the lansinoh ones for a much cheaper price. I had to stop using dispoables though because I have very sensitive skin and wearing them all the time was breaking me out. Hope this helps.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

I will second the suggestion about the lansinoh pads, they are the only ones that would work for me! Change them often though!

I leaked like a mad woman, especially in the beginning. It gets much much better. I sprayed from the other breast during letdown! I wore nursing pads till about 6 or 7 months and 2 1/2 years later every once in awhile I still leak a bit when I let down. I'm just leaky lol.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamafox View Post
    I should be thankful that im not having a shortage of milk... and i am... BUT i am getting tired of changing my bras and shirts 4 to 5 times a day! I am leaking everywhere! I go through pads like nothing and ive even resorted to wearing two at a time. Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any advice???
    How old is your baby? Many mothers (but not all!) find that the leaking decreases as the baby gets older.

I second the suggestion of cloth diapers. With my first baby, I leaked a lot. When I was at home and not expecting anyone to visit, I would go braless and wear a shirt that was tight enough to hold a cloth diaper in place against each breast. Yes, it was not much of a fashion statement, walking around with the corner of a diaper hanging below the hem of my shirt, lol. But it worked.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bunnyscooltes View Post
    I leaked like a mad woman, especially in the beginning. It gets much much better. I sprayed from the other breast during letdown! I wore nursing pads till about 6 or 7 months and 2 1/2 years later every once in awhile I still leak a bit when I let down. I'm just leaky lol.
    I leaked with my first until I got PG with DD when DS was almost 1!
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

I'm still leaky too.

I use wool nursing pads. V.absorbent and soft.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63