Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Taking On A Kid?

Default Taking On A Kid?

I'm considering taking on a 6wo part time, please can someone tell me that I'm not crazy. My kids are 7mo and 27mo. Does anyone have any tips on handling three and balancing their needs?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Default Re: Taking On A Kid?

DUDE!! i thought you were pg again!!
    back to the regularly scheduled thread!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pigpen777 View Post
    DUDE!! i thought you were pg again!!
    back to the regularly scheduled thread!
    Lord, no.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Well it didn't work out or me for other reasons...I had a five year old and she was teaching landin some really bad habits. That and her mother liked to take advantage of me.

I would say you should be ok with a 6 week old...you love to BW so that will free you up a little. Just try to plan your week/day. I always got up early so that I could take a shower and get myself ready and pick up the house a little before she came.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

your not crazy, if you can do it with 2 you can do it with 3!!!!

like PP said, you can babywear.
    it might take some adjustment but i think you can do it.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

Our LO's are too far in age. DD is 27 months yesterday and DS is 10 1/2 months. The girl I watch is now 20 months. I started watching her when she was 16 months, DD was 24 months, and DS was 7 months. Those first months were pretty easy, but it got much more busy when my DS started walking and getting into everything. Thankfully, this girl's mom and I get along well and she just trusts me with everything. (Sorry it didn't work out for you, Kimberly)

I think the age the one you'll watch will give you challenges when your LO starts walking, but you'll adjust. Just remember to make it a daily routine of getting yourself ready before the third one arrives. It really does help out.

I don't know how often you plan on keeping the baby, but I personally wouldn't do it everyday. I keep this girl on Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's and I look forward to my Wednesday's and Friday's with my two alone. I don't have a carseat for the other child so I am housebound when she is here. That might be something you need to discuss if you keep the LO 5 days a week. Try to get a carseat so you can get out of the house.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't think you are crazy at all! It's a great way to make some money, doing something you like, taking care of lo's, and it may even keep the wanting more babies hormaones at bay

I would make sure that you set everything out and treat it like a business in some aspects, times, days, amounts, each person's expectations!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Thanks everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*twokmommy View Post
    I don't know how often you plan on keeping the baby, but I personally wouldn't do it everyday. I keep this girl on Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's and I look forward to my Wednesday's and Friday's with my two alone. I don't have a carseat for the other child so I am housebound when she is here. That might be something you need to discuss if you keep the LO 5 days a week. Try to get a carseat so you can get out of the house.
    I told her we could try 2-3 days a week. She works and goes to school, I'm not sure if it will be 8 hour shifts of watching him or shorter visits. I think it will shorter visits though. My car can handle another car seat but I don't think it would be wise for me to go out 3 against one.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*only.woman.in.the.house View Post
    I don't think it would be wise for me to go out 3 against one.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------