Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What's up with my body???

Default What's up with my body???

DD is now 17 months and we nurse about 4 times a day (two morning, two evening) and I am on micronor. AF came back in the middle of October for the first time in about a year and has been coming back about every other week since And, I don't mean that AF just stops by for a quick visit. AF sticks around for 5-7 days and it is heavy I am really tired of AF.

I had my annual exam at the end of October (AF had already made her 2nd appearance in 3 weeks) and my OB said oh, it's probably just your body getting back into the swing of things. (I like my OB because she's laid back, but sometimes I don't want her to be quite so laid back, ya know?)

Any one else have frequent AF visits? Should I be concerned about the frequency and heaviness? I just don't know what to do and AF is definitely driving me a little crazy
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

Default Re: What's up with my body???

Sounds like you're definitely sick of af visits and ready for your body to be back to normal. AF returned for me when lo was 6 months old and it has been regular since then but extemely heavy. I'm so sick of a heavy af...to get back to you though, I haven't experienced her visiting every other week. If I were you I'd at least place a phone call into you doc...it's been going on long enough that it would be good to find out if there's a concern or what your options are for getting AF under control.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

I'm right there with you...I just had my first AF a few weeks back, it was light then heavy.. and I've also had some spotting here and there. It has been 2-3 days and then 3-4 days...
    I asked about it and my O.B. said just like yours -it's just getting back in the "swing" of things..

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

AF came back with a vengeance for me, for the first time at 9 months pp. Heavier than ever before and now the spacing between months is shorter. I was spoiled before having ds; light, short periods...ah! those were the days!!!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

So I finally made an appointment with my OB/GYN to figure out what is up with my body (appointment is Monday). AF is still visiting every 2 weeks and this time it is super heavy. I am really tired of this I am just worried, though, that my Dr will want to do some hormone therapy to get me back on regular cycles and that it will screw up my milk supply

Any advice? Anyone else go through this?

This exact thing happened to me with my ds1. It's terribly upsetting I know! I mean, who wants to have AF anyway? Much less twice a month?!?!?

It ended up being the mini pill that was doing it to me. Sorry to say...I went off of it because I coudn't take it anymore and my period went back to normal but then you're not protected!! We just had to use barrier methods until I stopped nursing when ds1 was 3.7 and that felt like a long time but it was worth it to me not to have so many periods!

Good luck, I hope this works out for you!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Thanks proudmamaof3
    I had "pill-issues" before I got pregnant and was wondering about that now. I have been trying to take them at the exact same time everyday, but even that does not seem to help We'll see what the Dr says on Monday...

I've had lots of pill issues too and finally just quit taking all together. It's cumbersome but it's no fun with the headaches, nausea and breakthrough bleeding I was experiencing.

Now after the 3rd LO my husband has a vasectomy. It's so great! I still can't get over not having to constantly worry about getting pregnant.

The pill is great when it works but when it doesn't it terrible! I hope you get some relief soon!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens