Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think we are at the beginning of weaning.

Default I think we are at the beginning of weaning.

DD cut back to 2 nursing a day about 6-9 months ago. Lately she has been skipping one or two at a time. Yesterday after she nursed, she looked up at me and asked (a little sadly) why she didn't get enough milk.

I told her that as she grows and becomes more & more of a big girl she wouldn't need boobie milk like she did as a baby. She smiled a little, hugged me and said "I'll always be your baby, but yeah, I'm getting a big girl now". Then she asked if we could still have special cuddle times when she doesn't have boobie time anymore.

I'm in tears over here. So sweet, yet so hard at the same time.

We had such a hard time at first. If it hadn't been for my sister donating her extra expressed BM I don't think we would have made it. I know becoming a stay at home mom when she was 18 months was the most beneficial thing of all because that is when our BFing challenges finally stopped.

She is 39 months old now and she really is becoming such a big girl, but always my baby.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Default Re: I think we are at the beginning of weaning.

Just wanted to give you hugs! I think it is so sweet that she can talk to you about nursing, it brought tears to my eyes, what a sweet little girl!
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Default Re: I think we are at the beginning of weaning.

That's beautiful.