Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Avent Isis IQ Duo (also posted in Pumping)

Default Avent Isis IQ Duo (also posted in Pumping)

Does anyone have this pump? If so, I'd love to hear opinions. I'm thinking of buying it - it's a great price on Amazon and supposedly it's comparable to a hospital-grade pump.
    Mama to Beatrice Maxine born 8-3-08
    , ,

Default Re: Avent Isis IQ Duo (also posted in Pumping)

I love mine! I use it in work and at home and for me it was better than the Medela Symphony I used in hospital when ds3 was a preemie. There are one or two small quibbles I would have; the tubing can become detached from the collecting horns quite easily and the cooler bags that come with it are not very practical IMO, the cooler that comes with a Medela or Ameda pump look a much better size. If you do go with this pump, I would buy some techni-ice packs on ebay ( don't know about the US but in the UK they are sold under the brand Chillerz) as they are good ice-packs and can be cut to size to fit in the bags. The avent gel-packs are next to useless!
    The other thing I should point out is that the pump is not BPA-free if that concerns you. Avent will be bringing out a BPA free version but AFAIK they have not yet done that. It doesn't worry me as I don't use the bottles for storage, I use playtex drop ins or lansinoh bags.
    All in all though it is very effective and I have now used it for 2 babies and it is still going strong!