Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need urgent help!!

Question need urgent help!!

My baby now is 3 months and suddenly refused to drink any fomular, before he was mix fed and now he only drinks my milk. and everyday till the evening time, he cannot get too much milk and makes him so upset! before he could drink 7-8 oz, now i feel he can only get no more than 4 oz per time, and the evening feeding probably is less than 1 oz. I am worrying about his health right now!

it seems mother's milk tea works well, but how long i have to take it to keep the milk supply? and i am worrying about any side effect since whatever I eat or drink will go to my baby. and if i keep taking it, will I get very fat after I stop it? anyone who knows more info? Thanks.

Default Re: need urgent help!!

3 months is a good time for a growth spurt.an cluster feeds that go with a growth spurt.
    Just keep feeding him and watch his diapars as long as he is having plenty of wets you know he is getting the milk he needs.
    Some babies do that refuse formula.
    A few days of extra feeds and your milk supply should adjust.

Thank you for the reply, but do you think it is necessary to have some herb help to boom my milk fast? Thaks.

if you really want to increase your milk supply with the use of herbal remedies, then i'd recommend fenugreek.
    http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...fenugreek.html
    you should see an increase in your milk supply within 24-72 hours. i'm currently taking fenugreek and it's working wonderfully!

you can continue using mother's milk tea, too, if it's working for you.

good luck!

Where would a person find fenugreek? What does come in? Tea, supplement? Also, where could you buy mothers milk tea?

I would suspect that most health/organic/whole food stores carry those items. I found mother's milk tea at my grocery store, which has a small organic section. You could probably go to Traditional Medicinals' website (they make the tea) and see if they have an option to find a local store. i have a box that I haven't and probably won't use if you can't find it any other way...
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by myfirst
    Where would a person find fenugreek? What does come in? Tea, supplement? Also, where could you buy mothers milk tea?

You can find fenugreek at local places like GNC or vitamin/health stores has it. Be sure to check with your doctor & pedi before starting anything.

you can also order it on drugstore.com. BTW, has anyone tried Blessed thristle? Does it work?

I tried Blessed Thistle along with fenugreek when I initially need to boost supply in the beginning. Then I just used fenugreek and it worked fine on it's own so I stopped the blessed thistle. I like the mother's milk tea too. If dd nursed a lot during a growth spurt the tea really helped in the evening.

These supplements work well. Just be careful / cautious about fenugreek. IT also serves other purposes. It may decrease the blood sugar. Make sure you are eating regular meal throughout the day to prevent hypoglycemia.