Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thank You False Alarm Thread!!

Thumbs up Thank You False Alarm Thread!!

I recently started experiencing some changes while BFing LO. I looked at the False Alarm Thread (sticky at the top) and there it was!!

-Breasts that stop leaking, or suddenly feel softer than before. These changes are due to stabilization of post-partum hormones, and are not an indication that the milk is suddenly "gone".

-Not feeling the let-down sensation. Many mothers stop feeling "let-down" as time goes on. Some mothers never feel it at all. This does not mean that they do not experience let-down. Watch your baby as she nurses. Do you see her little jaw moving? Do you hear swallowing sounds? This will let you know that your milk is letting-down and your baby is actively drinking.
    They scared me when they started to happen across yesterday and today. This described it PERFECTLY! Thank you so much, I feel much better now!
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Thank You False Alarm Thread!!

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

I just looked through it - great idea! This will help a lot in letting moms self-sort whether they really do have low supply.

I didn't write that Sticky, but I am happy to know that you found it so valuable.

Thanks for the commendation,
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

I agree and am very thankful to know this now! I stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago because i started to experience these things and thought i was running low. I started supplementing with formula. Now I am trying relactation and am grateful to know these things for once breastfeeding is reestablished.