Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green Poop

Default Green Poop

I was just wondering- it was finally determined a while ago that I have OS/OALD, and I have been block feeding for a few weeks. Right now I have been nursing my little girl twice on one side, twice on the other, instead of saying a number of hours she should feed on one side. The LC had me doing this to try to regulate supply and so my LO could get more hindmilk. So my questions are... how long do I need to do this for? How do I know if my supply is regulated and if I can just nurse her on one side then the other? And she has been having green poops the past few days. They are not too watery, there is still some seedy/curdy stuff, but it's kind of stringy? Ok, sorry about the graphic poop details. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Christin

Vegan Mama to Eleanor Hope- 9/2/08 and Lorelai Eden 1/25/12

Love , , and

living green

Default Re: Green Poop

has your diet changed?

Cows milk realy bothered my dd and would make her poops green

No- I don't do any dairy products as I have been vegan for 2 years. No other dietary changes, either.

Christin

Love , , and

living green

lots of soy?
    Some babies are bothered by soy.
    check out this link

http://www.drjaygordon.com/developme...ricks/poop.asp

Thanks for the link. I checked it out, and I feel so stupid, but the other day one of my friends had not told me her son was sick with a virus, and so we were there for a short time. Maybe that's it. And I do eat a fair amount of soy, so I will try cutting down. Her poop is a little bit better today, so I will just watch it. Sorry for all the questions, but do you have experience with OS/Oald or know about it? I am wondering how long I should keep block feeding her. Thank you very much for your help.

Christin

Love , , and

living green

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elliesmum View Post
    Thanks for the link. I checked it out, and I feel so stupid, but the other day one of my friends had not told me her son was sick with a virus, and so we were there for a short time. Maybe that's it. And I do eat a fair amount of soy, so I will try cutting down. Her poop is a little bit better today, so I will just watch it. Sorry for all the questions, but do you have experience with OS/Oald or know about it? I am wondering how long I should keep block feeding her. Thank you very much for your help.
    I recommend reading some of the other threads because there is so much info there about other mothers' experiences with block feeding.

I hope it's just a virus, too! Good luck.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

my lactation consultant said green poops are a sign of a baby getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk. maybe try larger blocks in your block feedings and see if that helps?