Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: plugged duct in armpit?

Default plugged duct in armpit?

I have a tender spot in my right armpit, almost right in the crease. I was thinking it was my lymphnode, but my friend asked if it could be a clogged milk duct. Do the milk ducts go back/up that far? If so any suggestions other than the usual on how to unclog it?
    TIA
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: plugged duct in armpit?

The breast tissue definitely extends well into your armpit, so I suppose it's possible.

I had a HUGE lump under my armpit when my milk came in Went to the doc and everything and, um, yup, there are definitely milk ducts up there
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

For some reason, I got them under my arm as well. I had to make sure to massage that area each time I nursed. If it gets red, call your doctor!

you might try to take a nice warm shower and massage, then hand express.
    Sometimes your bra will cause a clog like that
    or a baby carrier that presses in the wrong place.
    IF you start to notice your fealing run down and having a fever.
    Get in bed and rest!