Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeding More Efficiently?

Default Feeding More Efficiently?

I've read before on here that our LO's will start to feed more efficiently. What exactly does that mean? I think I may be experiencing it now with LO, but I'd like your take on things.

Before, LO would feed for 20 min on each side. Then, she started to feed 20 - 30 min only on one side per feeding. As long as she ended the feeding herself and the diapers were wet / poopy, we were fine. We would just switch to the other breast to start the next feeding. Then she went on her feeding marathon....

The latest development is that she'll get on the right side (my right produces a LOT more than my left) and she'll only nurse for 10 - 15 minutes and fall asleep. Diapers are still fine. So is this what you were talking about? She's just feeding more efficiently and getting what she needs?

I think I'm answering my own question by writing it all out here. But I figured I'd ask anyway.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Feeding More Efficiently?

Mama, you're doing a GREAT JOB. Just keep feeding that baby on demand. I think you did answer your own question! LOL!

If diaper out put is good and baby is happy, I think she is fine! Now is the time to sit back and really enjoy her and every minute of breastfeeding. I think you were the one who asked, when/how does it get easier? Well, you are finding out now. Congrats on getting through a rough patch!
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.

Sounds like you're doing great!

Baby will let you know what she needs, just follow your motherly instincts!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*beccamomof2 View Post
    Mama, you're doing a GREAT JOB. Just keep feeding that baby on demand. I think you did answer your own question! LOL!

If diaper out put is good and baby is happy, I think she is fine! Now is the time to sit back and really enjoy her and every minute of breastfeeding. I think you were the one who asked, when/how does it get easier? Well, you are finding out now. Congrats on getting through a rough patch!
    You're right! Once I got past the 3 day marathon nursing, it did seem to get easier. Now it's only been about 36 hours since that stopped, so I guess we could go back. But I do feel like we've turned a corner. She's 8 weeks today!
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and