Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Formula & Breastfeeding Combination

Default Formula & Breastfeeding Combination

I have an 8 week old son and have been breastfeeding and pumping milk for bottle feeding the entire 8 weeks, but returned to work this week. My husband now gives him formula during the day and I breastfeed him at night and pump 2 times a day at work for a short time. Is it ok for my husband to give my son the pumped breastmilk if he's still hungry after finishing a bottle of formula?

Default Re: Formula & Breastfeeding Combination

My daughter has been doing pretty much the same thing for the last 3 months since I went back to work, excpet she has BM first and formula after. We haven't had any problems with it. Her poo is a little different than regular BM poo, but that's about it.
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

Why give formula first?

It sounds fine, but I agree, I'd give the BM first and then formula if you run out of BM. The formula won't go bad as fast as the BM.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    It sounds fine, but I agree, I'd give the BM first and then formula if you run out of BM. The formula won't go bad as fast as the BM.
    That's what we did when I supplemented with formula.
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.