Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: getting milk in a little early???

Default getting milk in a little early???

Does anyone know of any methods to help milk come in earlier after delivery?? I thought pumping may help. Any kind of supplements would be ok to....Thanks.

proud momma to KC 5-20-05

with Riley due 1-03-09

Default Re: getting milk in a little early???

I always recomend Motherlove More Milk Plus. It is a combination of herbs including fenugreek. It works very fast. www.motherlove.com I also think you should try pumping. Your body responds to milk production based on demand. It you combine pumping and feeding you can really increase your milk supply. Save the pumped milk for future feedings. Good luck mama!!

Don't take fenugreek while you are still pregnant.

Nursing frequently beginning right after birth is the most effective way to get your milk in. Your newborn is better than any pump.

Did your milk come it slower than you would have liked with your first baby? (Just wondering what's on your mind...)
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

I nursed constantly the whole time I was in the hospital (~4 days pp because I had a c-section). Literally, the baby was always attached to one boob or the other except when I was in the bathroom. Every nurse and LC that came it commented that it was the best way to get my milk to come in. Usually it's not a concern because the colostrum your baby is getting should be plenty to fill their tiny bellies the first several days until your milk comes in.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLMarianne View Post
    Nursing frequently beginning right after birth is the most effective way to get your milk in. Your newborn is better than any pump.

Did your milk come it slower than you would have liked with your first baby? (Just wondering what's on your mind...)
    It took it about a week with my first child. I had a hard time getting him to latch on and no one I knew had EVER bf so I had nobody to turn to. DS ended up being hospitilized and started on formula because he was dehydrated and being a new mom I didnt catch the signs in time. I just want to make sure I'm ready to meet "supply and demand".:

with Riley due 1-03-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kcandrileysmom View Post
    It took it about a week with my first child. I had a hard time getting him to latch on and no one I knew had EVER bf so I had nobody to turn to. DS ended up being hospitilized and started on formula because he was dehydrated and being a new mom I didnt catch the signs in time. I just want to make sure I'm ready to meet "supply and demand".:

with Riley due 1-03-09
    It must have been scary when KC was hospitalized. It sounds like you're going to be ready this time! You learned a lot with KC and you're thinking ahead about Riley.

I recommend that you contact a local LLL Leader while you're still pregnant. Attending a meeting might help because you'll hear other mothers' experiences. If a meeting is not possible, talking with a Leader can make it easier to call her for help once Riley is here.

I hope you have a great labor and birth.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader