Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reglan?

Default Reglan?

Okay my doctor has prescribed Reglan to me to try to help w/ my supply. She said it was only for a couple weeks, doing like 3 per day for a week, then one a day for a week. She also said it might wind up giving me an oversupply, and it could make me nervous. Has anyone else tried this?
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

Default Re: Reglan?

I am on it currently, though my doctor extended it past the first few weeks. I have been on it for two months now, going on three. I have noticed it has been making me tired and slightly depressed. For that my doc rx'd fish oil 2 caps 3x per day. It seems to help ward off any depression. It has definitely increased my supply.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

After the first wk do people normally only take 1x/day?

Reglan worked for me! It has been great. I have been on it for about two months now and am taking two a day (eventually moving to one a day then none). I have not had a problem with over supply. The only side effect with me was a change in my bowel movements.

I have read about different doses and for different amounts of time, so I would ask your doctor. I know I was started a 4 a day and have slowly taken fewer. I do however, up the dose if I notice that I need to produce more.
    Mom to baby girl 7/15/08 and baby boy 4/13/10.

breast feeding again

I'm a mama.

Reglan definitely helped me. However, I think pumping every 2 hours with my hospital-grade rental pump helped a lot more.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*luvmymunchkins View Post
    After the first wk do people normally only take 1x/day?
    I started with 4 per day for 7 days, then 3 per day for 7 days, 2 per day for 7 days, one per day for 7 days. When I got to 1 per day I notice my supply was much lower so my doctor and I found a dose we agreed on and he gave me refills for it.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

What DR do you see that gives you the rx? Your general practicioner?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*luvmymunchkins View Post
    What DR do you see that gives you the rx? Your general practicioner?
    Your GP can proscribe it, but your OB or midwife or even pediatrician are probably more knowledgeable about it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yep my OB prescribed it. Well actually the NP in the office is the one who suggested it, my OB's big suggestion was to go ahead and wean her. Seriously that's 2 docs who have now said that. Her ped and my OB. What is wrong with these darn doctors?
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

I have tried everything under the sun to increase my supply, and the only thing that has worked is Reglan, i wish I would have started it earlier on! I do notice that i do get 'down' at times, but i know that it's my rx that's doing it, so it's easy to ward off. thanks for the pp recommendation on fish oil pills, i'll try that as well. I NOTICED A HUGE DECREASE IN SUPPLY, when i would go down to 1 pill a day. i am currently at 4 pills a day, and have been taking this for a couple weeks now at 4, it used to be 2 and then 3. i tried the stairstepping of the pills up and down, but my output would fluctuate drastically when doing this...so be careful!

Good for you for doing everything you can for your baby to get them that good milk!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008