Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Another OAL question

Question Another OAL question

Hey!

I have OAL, was block feeding but now DS2 is older (7 months) he likes it fast. He eats in about 5 mins. My questions are...

when oh when will the leaking stop? I started relactating 5 months ago today and by a month, my son was fully breastfed.

the pain with the letdown is really bad, any ideas/tips?

and last one

when its the hind milk and its going slow he doesnt want to eat because its not fast, how can i get him to eat? we have started solids and hes on 3 smal meals a day after a breast feed. he feeds 6 times in the day and once at night.

thanks
    Love and hugs, Lula.
    The christian, crunchy, AP mum in the UK with my two monitos;
    Spud, born Oct '05 and Sprout, born April '08.
    Relactated in June '08 Married to Boss in Sept '04
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle...

To survive is not enough, we need to thrive!

Default Re: Another OAL question

can anyone help?
    Love and hugs, Lula.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle...

It's hard to say when the leaking will stop. Sorry. I know that's not what you wanted to hear. It varies so much from mother to mother and baby to baby.

When does the leaking occur? Is it while your baby is nursing on one side, or is it between nursings? In either case, if you haven't tried pressing your forearm against your breast, you could try that. It stops the leaking for some mothers.

Is the pain with the let-down always the same? That is, is it with every nursing, regardless of time of day? I'm just looking for a pattern, if there is one.

My best suggestion for dealing with the pain is to anticipate it and do something to relax your body before your nurse. Some mothers find that breathing techniques they used during labor are helpful. Or, you could try a few deep, slow breaths through your nose with an exhale that is even longer than the inhale. Relaxing your shoulders might help, also.

I hope some others will jump in here with suggestions.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

thanks for your reply. gutted about the leaking... it does seem to be all the time but hopefully one day it'll decrease.

letdown [ain is every feed but i tried doing deeper breaths and it helped. thanks
    Love and hugs, Lula.