Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Gassy Baby

Default Gassy Baby

Trying to figure out what I'm eating that makes my little girl so gassy. I've cut back on fruit (nectarines seem to be a cause) and also upped my water intake (3 bottles a day), but what should I be avoiding/eating that will help her with gas?

Default Re: Gassy Baby

broccoli is a big one for DD. if i eat broccoli she is a bear for weeks! Also, cabbage, onions, garlic are also said to be culprits. HTH

I second the PP. Even a small amount of broccoli makes DS miserable. Your LO may also just be gassy regardless of your diet. Their digestive systems take some time to mature and handle their food more efficiently.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

I KNEW there was a reason I hated broccoli

Garlic, onions also do it for my LO in a BIG way, stinks b/c I love pasta sauce!!

Unfortunately for me, the culprit is milk. I haven't eliminated it completely, but I definitely cut down. Which is too bad, because I really love the Starbucks vanilla bean frappucino! And I also love my cookie and milk between when dd goes to bed and I go to bed!

for me it was orange juice, broccoli, and dairy products. i've stopped drinking the OJ and don't eat broccoli anymore...but i haven't been able to completely cut out dairy products (e.g., milk, ice cream). and like nissa, i can't pass up milk and cookies before bedtime!

For me it was my prenatal vitamin. My OB told me to keep taking it while breastfeeding but both the LC and LLL said not to as they are supercharged with vitamins and can upset baby's tummy. Once I stopped taking them, he was fine.

Gosh, that sounds like nothing is safe. Boy am I in trouble. Thanks all.

I just called the pediatrician earlier today about my son being gassy. She said to cut out my coffee, and salads.

Both of my boys trouble foods were tomato sauces and anything with the smallest amount of caffeine.

With my youngest pushing his knees to his tummy and rotating his hips in a clockwise direction helps more than anything else I've found. Their digestive tract travels in a clockwise direction & it helps to move things through their system. Good Luck!