Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: re-introducing toddler to breast

Default re-introducing toddler to breast

My son weaned at 3 months due to my not having the support I needed to get through some problems. I am now pregnant & due in late January. I would love to have my son (who will be 1yr 8mos) have breastmilk again! Is this possible?

I know that older children get interested when they see the new baby nursing--I just would love to have some cuddle time with him at the breast.

thanks!

Default Re: re-introducing toddler to breast

I dunno if its possible or not... but I would pump and give it to him in a cup if you want him to get the milk.. if its more the cuddle time you want then I would try it but don't be dissappointed if he isn't into it Its worth a shot though. GL

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Default Re: re-introducing toddler to breast

I have no idea, but there is a "Pregnant and Breastfeeding" and "relactation" forum you could check out...
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?