Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter has the CROUP!

Default Hunter has the CROUP!

My poor poor baby is so sick. He has been running a fever of around 103.5 and we are stuck in the peds unit of our local hospital. He sounds horrible and has been getting steroids and special breathing treatments. He seems to get better and then gets worse.

On the plus side the staff have been wonderful about him still nursing and I even get free meals since I am nursing. They told me last night that they want him to have the best milk possible and keep asking if I need anything. Normally they charge parents for meals but we only have to pay if DH eats.

Sorry for bad spelling and grammar, I have not slept for more than a hr at a time for two days and my DH will not go to work Between my DH, MIL and a sick baby that can't breath I am going insane!!

Does anyone have experience with croup? The Dr. acts like Hunter has a very bad case and may be in the hospital a few days. Which sucks because I new at my job and have no sick time and my husband will not go to work becuase I get to take off to be with Hunter. Stupid head doesn't care that we still have bills and that he makes a lot more than I do.

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011

Default Re: Hunter has the CROUP!

My LO had croup but we were released the next day after. They gave him a shot in his leg that seemed to do the trick. He was also on breathing treatments.
    Hang in there mama

I'm so sorry, mama. Nora had the croup but it was only a trip to the ER for us to make sure she hadn't inhaled something. They did a chest xray and gave her a steroid breathing treatment. I hope your little man gets better soon and can come home.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks It just stinks that he has had to have 3 steroid shots, 1 oral dose and about 10 adrenaline breathing treatments. Now he has broke out in a rash from the oral steroid and they are waiting to hear from the Dr.

On the bright side he seems to be feeling better and hopefully we can go home tomorrow.

I just wanted to say how wonderful your hospital is to feed you for free. The local childrens hospital here will not feed breastfeeding mothers for free. but hey if your child is forumal feed they will feed your baby for free all you want. My twin sister had a horrible time in the hospital when her son there for RSV, both her DH and her had to stay, because she would not leave his side so her DH had to run and get her food when she needed it.
    Joyce May 5th 1998
    Natthaniel Nov 16th 1999
    Abbigale expected July 2nd 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*absorbed View Post
    I just wanted to say how wonderful your hospital is to feed you for free. The local childrens hospital here will not feed breastfeeding mothers for free. but hey if your child is forumal feed they will feed your baby for free all you want. My twin sister had a horrible time in the hospital when her son there for RSV, both her DH and her had to stay, because she would not leave his side so her DH had to run and get her food when she needed it.
    That's really sad!! In my area they feed the BF mom as well. She should definitely tell them how she feels, if she hasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*farm.girl View Post
    On the bright side he seems to be feeling better and hopefully we can go home tomorrow.
    I hope he's better and you guys are coming home today!!!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I hope your little man is feeling better. Our hospital also fed me for free when DS had RSV. That's the way it should be.

Hope you are home and he gets better fast.
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.

oh how scary mama Im glad to hear that your hospital is helping you feel like you are taken care of while your going thru such a scary time I hope your LO feels better real soon!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Thanks for are the good thoughts

We went home yesterday and he was doing great until 2am, when he started nonstop coughing. We saw the Ped 1st thing this morning a they gave him a breathing treatment and more oral steroids, and we went home. However, he coughed all the way home (a 45 minute drive) I put in in the midst filled bathroom but that did not help. So I called the ped and she admitted him back into the same room. Right now he is sleeping peacefully but now he is having trouble nursing and eating becuase he gets coughing so hard he chokes. Its so sad when he signs more milk momma and then he can only nurse for a minute or so at a time and he cries and signs again.

He will cough cough cough and then when the nurse comes in he acts fine