Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: want to re-start my 13 mth old on BM..but he BITES!

Default want to re-start my 13 mth old on BM..but he BITES!

I stopped nursing once I got pregnant and my sons teeth popped in. He began biting me and not letting go. It had cuased a great deal of pain and I had feared that he would damage the nipples with his excessive biting.
    I am due on February with my new one and would like to try and get my 1st son to nurse again.
    He still has a biting problem. He bites me all the time and everything else that will fit in his mouth. We have tried teethers and they dont help...he does it and thinks its funny when he puts a hole in my hand. He laughs when I try and be firm and say no biting. I just dont think he gets it. He wouldnt understand a time out either at this point. He'll just hit his head off the floor if I stop him from doing anything.
    Does anyone know of any tips or have any experience with BFing and biting?
    Thanks

Default Re: want to re-start my 13 mth old on BM..but he BITES!

So is he asking to nurse again?

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

I dont think so...he does like to squish his face in my breasts..sometimes I get a raspberry...he pulls my shirt down in the front alot. I know that my breasts secrete a certain smell (amniotic fluid) while pregnant so Im not sure if maybe he is smelling that..he is for sure ding this more often then before since we stopped nursing this past June.

And what if you do nothing when he bites something? Some babies love to see the reaction of what they do.
    I did it with my son and it worked. He started to bite me when he was 9 mth old, I scream, I said NO as loud as I could, and it was worth. I tried to do as nothing was happening, and very soon he get bored bitting me and never did it again. Now he's almost 14 mth old, got 4 teeth and never bites me.
    I hope this colud help you, and sorry for my english (I'm from Spain).
    CUCARANCHA