Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thinking about cutting my lunch pumping session out...pros and cons?

Default Thinking about cutting my lunch pumping session out...pros and cons?

Hello All,

My LO is 6 months old, and we are starting to introduce veggies. I heard that sometimes they'll take 'less milk' when starting on food, so i was hoping i could cut out my lunch time pumping session at work. I have to admit, I would like to be able to get my lunch hour back, but i don't want to make my body produce less milk either. I normally only get a couple ounces out of that session, anyways, i normally get more in the morning and afternoon. Right now, i pump at 9:30, 12, 3:30-4. I was thinking if i pump at 10, skip lunch and then again at 3:30 that i could do that...thoughts, opinions, anyone 'been there done that'?

Thanks ladies!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Default Re: Thinking about cutting my lunch pumping session out...pros and cons?

what ever works for you...

You could add more nursing at home when you are together.

Try it for a while and you can always add that pumping back if you notice a big drop.

Default Re: Thinking about cutting my lunch pumping session out...pros and cons?

Agree with PP, no harm in trying it and if you need to add it back in, so be it. I will say that for my DD, adding solids did NOT decrease her EBM intake at DCP. She continued to get 3, 4oz bottles and drink them entirely even as we added breakfast, lunch, and a snack! So, I continued to pump 3x's a day until I pump weaned after her 1st birthday. That said, you may find you can get the same amount of milk out of 2 sessions that you were getting from 3. See how it goes.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

I think I went down to 2 pumping sessions per day right around 6-7 months. Give it a try and if it doesn't work, you can just add one back in.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

How is your supply doing overall?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

My supply is doing well, now that i take Reglan 4x a day. I can almost make enough milk to give her all EBM in her bottles. She still drinks quite a bit though, and i do 2 oz of water/formula, and then 4-5 oz of EBM. So she is getting more of my milk than formula now! She just hit 6 mo and is 14lbs 10 oz. So I don't think my mom is 'overfeeding' her, like we thought previously could have been going on. I think she is just a hungry baby! She obviously burns it off well!

That's why i don't know about skipping my lunchtime pumping...i'd hope that it wouldn't effect me, but i can't say for sure, since it's been such a struggle. I used to workout on my lunch breaks while i was pregnant, and would really like to get back to that again, but i only have an hour, so i can't really workout and pump and eat!

good to hear from you again, hope your LO is doing well! PM me and let me know how you are doing!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

IF I had to choose I think I would choose pumping over working out..lol...
    you could try work out 2 days a week and then pump the rest.