Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help

Default Re: Help

I had oversupply in the beginning, although definitely not as bad as you. I woke up totally engorged until about 6 months. During the day it got better way before that though, I can't remember exactly when, probably around 4 months. And then at 6 months my supply just disappeared, it was so weird. I got my period back, which made my supply go way down. At one point I had to start pumping twice a day just to get one bottle! After my supply went down, I started reading that it's pretty common for women with oversupply to start to regulate more properly around 6-months. Hopefully that happens for you!

Thank you so much. That makes me feel much better. I am fine during the day once he has drained that first engorgement out it is just at night that I am so engorged. Last night he slept 7 hours so each breast was only drained after 10 hours (ouch). No plugged ducts though so that is good. Hopefully at 6 months things will even out. I would imagine that they would have to at some point I don't think I can produce this much milk forever.

Have you found an LC yet? Mine has been a lifesaver and worth every penny.

Glad to hear you are doing well during the day.

Does it work to put in one pumping or nursing session during the night, even if he's sleeping?

I guess then you would just be back where you started.

It is a good thing that you have been able to get out all of your plugged ducts and that you haven't had to deal with mastitis.

I am still going through undersupply during the week and over supply on the weekend. It stinks! I hear you!

Hope things start to even out soon!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!