Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: feeling horrible!;-((

Unhappy feeling horrible!;-((

right, we found out a cpl weeks ago i was pregnant, according to my one and only period since i had lucas, i would now be 14 weeks....before we found out, i had been a bit worried about Lucas and his feeding, he was wanting to stay on latched all nigth, swappng from side to side constantly, coming off crying and then going back on...well, i then found out i was pregnant, and we all came down with bad colds, i had mine for over a week, lucas just a few days, then seemed to go back to normal, but on tuesday he came down with a bad cold again and is so stuffy..he been literally feeding all day, for hours on end, swapping from side to side constantly (he used to be a very quick feeder...5-8 mins at most and normally only one side, altho i offered second) anyway, last nigth he screamed for over 2 hrs, not like him at all, he is not a big crier..i tried feeding him, he would latch on and come off screaming, in desperation..i made him up a bottle, i have some formula in when i need to make up some milk for his breakfast... i made a 7oz bottle..Lucas not really had a bottle before but i was desperate......he gulped down 5 oz in minutes...he didnt actually use the bottle properly tho...not at first, he was chwing on it a bit and moving it round in his mouth..but he was so much happier after and even played a bit, then went to sleep with only a cpl minutes rocking and crying, as opposed to the 2 hours plus we have had in recent weeks/months! i feel awful!! i feel like ive been starving him...a mix of pregnancy and illness, mine and his..and he has obviously hardly been eating anything......even tho he been feeding for hours on end!! i dont know what to do now...if i should introduce a bottle more....it does appear like my supply has gone down.....but i dont know how to do bottles!!!! and i feel so guilty for being pregant, it was a complet shock, we tired for over 2 years for lucas, i certainly didnt expect this..but it is what it is....so is it time to move to formula?
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

Default Re: feeling horrible!;-((

Congratulations on making it this far and for bring pregnant! Don't feel guilty about that part of it, although i understand what you are feeling. I have had low milk supply issues since the start due to complications in delivery and a number of things afterwards. What I do is give part formula, part EBM in the bottles, and my LO seems to do great with this. I nurse her at night and the DCP gives her bottles during the day. It sounds like you are a SAHM, so it would be a little tougher possibly to introduce bottles, but it does sound like he was hungry. Try mixing some bottles and see how he does, this of course, makes it to where you need to pump though, which can be time consuming in the beginning, but you can get it down to a science! That's what I'd try anyways, maybe some others would be able to help out more!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

im still on mat leave at the moment...my mat leave ends in dec..then i have my annual leave after so am back 1st feb....(ofc im going back pregnant!) today so far...he has his breakfast at 10.30..he ate quite a bit, i had nursed him at 9, altho he was on and off swapping around a bit, he had a nap, and i nursed him again at 12.30..again on and off from side to side, so i thought id see what he would do and made a bottle, and he drank steaight down 4oz, 45 minutes after i nursed him...so it does look like he is not getting enough now from just me...i only own 1 bottle!!!! looks like ll have to go out shopping...
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

how old is you baby?

he is 10 months now, was 10 months old on the 19th..tbh im not entirely sure how far along i am pregnant, my first period after lucas was augest...so my midwife went by that, so according to that id be 14 weeks now..but i have a scan on the 2nd dec so i will know for sure by then..so, im more than likely already in the 2nd trimester..

cool
    10 months hes eating some solids right?

as long as hes' nursing well 3-4 times in 24 hours and having wets he doesn't realy need formula or cows milk.
    IF you feal like he's not nursing well or having the wets he needs you can add a bottle or two.

you might find some info here that will help

http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/index.html

http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/f...lkchanges.html