Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Labels

Default Labels

I am about to start back to work so pumping will be increased a lot. How do you guys keep up with how old each bottle in the fridge is? I want to try to get as organized as possible once I get back into work. Is there some sort of label that won't permanently stick to the bottles?

Default Re: Labels

Have you tried buying the milk storage bags? They have a place to write on them the date and your name if you need to send it to day care.

I use these and just keep rotating them.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I am going to buy some, but I thought those were for the freezer. I am going to start my freezer stash but thought I could also fill bottles and refrigerate as long as they would be used in the next few days. Maybe I can just use little post-it notes.Thanks!

Post it notes are a great idea. You can use the storage bags in the fridge or the freezer. Do whatever works for you!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

There is also a very cool little digital device that sticks to stuff in your fridge that will tell you how many days it's been there. Might be an expensive route if you have a bunch of bottles...it's meant for leftovers and things. You can get them at Lee Valley Tools here in Canada, but I'm sure they're available elsewhere. Sorry I can't post a link as I'm using my PDA while nursing

I think they're called "days been"' or something like that. Maybe sharper image or something would carry them?
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Yup, they have it at Lee Valley online. It's just called a digital day counter. Two for $10CDN.

Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Could you use blank address labels? They are cheap and I think they would come off easily when done.

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011