Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's LO do this while feeding...

Red face Anyone else's LO do this while feeding...

Hello Ladies,

My LO for about the last month, will swing her arm up and down repeatedly, whether it's hitting herself in the head, or my breasts, face, etc. she just keeps swinging that arm. Is this just a bad habit or a sign of something else?

Thanks!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Default Re: Anyone else's LO do this while feeding...

That's normal. My daughter used to have the 'windmill arm' too. Sometimes if I held her hand she'd stop, or if I gave her something to fiddle with, like a button on my shirt or a necklace or something. Sometimes my hair. She stopped doing it about the same time she discovered playing with her hair- right around 6-7 months or so.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Yes, my DD does that as well! And, like the PP said, it does seem to have slowed down since she discovered her hair. Though, I think I like the swinging arm better b/c now she is pulling her hair. OUCH! Sometimes a necklace or the lace on my gown helps, but other times, she just prefers to flap like arm.
    Mommy to Baby K, born 5-13-08 after 30 hours of labor and a c-section

Pumped for 30 months

3 years of breastfeeding and counting!!!!

I'm a (breastfeeding) (vegetarian) mama!

with pp. DS used to swing and hit himself in the head which drove me nuts! Now he just plays with my hair.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

DD does this too! We call it flapping her wings...DH holds her up and pretends she's taking off
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Yep! We call it "ax arm". Like norrasmommy said, holding her hand helps. I'll also hold my free hand up like I want her to high-5 me and she'll play with my hand and fingers.
    Megan
    Karina Abigail-born 8/2/2008

Made it a year!! Here's to a long and happy BF realtionship!

He flapped for months, now he "picks" at things (including my breast )
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    He flapped for months, now he "picks" at things (including my breast )
    The last few days DS has added in trying to rip my lips off. Fun.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

My oldest son used to grab his toes and then bend his leg up and down while still holding on, my middle son used to rub my face and stick his fingers in my eye and mouth and up my nose as well and I can't wait to see the adorable quirks my my 8 week old will adopt! It's so funny the things they do that make them feel comfy and happy. And all of it normal I'm sure!
    <---4 in the bed!
    <---I love my sling!!!!
    <---breast is best!
    <---with The Daddy

my three sons

ds does this as well - hubby says it looks like someone who "fluffed" and is trying to get rid of the smell . He also swings his leg around - up by my chin, out away from me, on my shoulder, etc. Some days he holds his foot and bends it out then in, out, in, out, in . . .
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet