Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question

Default Re: Dumb question

Ahhh! My LO has been rubbing his eyes so much lately even when he's not tired. maybe this is all related.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My LO has been doing the exact same things along with being extremely vocal ... she will be 5 months on this 23.....the red cheeks had me mystified and i was going to ask the doc about it on her appt on nov 24....

Here is a link with a lot of great info about ear infections, while this is a link about swimmer's ear and this is a link about teething. After reading all three, I'd say you're dealing with teething rather than an ear infection or swimmer's ear. HTH!
    Mommy to Baby K, born 5-13-08 after 30 hours of labor and a c-section

Pumped for 30 months

3 years of breastfeeding and counting!!!!

I'm a (breastfeeding) (vegetarian) mama!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2babyk View Post
    Here is a link with a lot of great info about ear infections, while this is a link about swimmer's ear and this is a link about teething. After reading all three, I'd say you're dealing with teething rather than an ear infection or swimmer's ear. HTH!
    I think it might be teething too - she slept horribly last night! Of course she has never been a good sleeper but we had just had three nights in a row of only two wakings so I thought things were getting better! Boo hoo!
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*stuartjr View Post
    Ahhh! My LO has been rubbing his eyes so much lately even when he's not tired. maybe this is all related.
    Abby too! I kept thinking how can she be so tired all the time? She was born on July 23 so they are really close in age!

She was born on July 23 so they are really close in age!
    I know its silly, but I love talking to moms who's LOs are born right around mine.

My mom watches my Ds while I am at work and she says lately she has been rubbing his gums to calm him and she said he really likes it. I just haven't noticed any other behavior changes. He is sleeping fine and not unusually cranky. Just drooling, red cheeks and eye rubbing. Hmmm .I guess it is just the start of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*stuartjr View Post
    I know its silly, but I love talking to moms who's LOs are born right around mine.
    Not silly at all! I was excited to see your LO was so close in age to mine. Glad to hear he's still sleeping well, I stay at home for now so at least I can nap if we have a bad night, I would lose my mind if I had to work right now!

I wish I could stay home. I miss him terribly when I am at work. (I am actually pumping right now as I type this!!) But I am worried about the sleeping thing. If this is infact the onset of teething and he does start to wake up at night, I will lose my mind!! Right now he sleeps from about 9 pm to 6:30 am and I am so thankful for that!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*abbymom View Post
    Not silly at all! I was excited to see your LO was so close in age to mine.
    Let's keep in touch about our LO's. Like I said, I just get really excited. I am such a dork, but I just love to talk to other moms.

is it getting colder outside?
    I can remember my kids getting the red cheeks when they were outside.
    and it could just be from the house to the car in the winter.