Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you ladies feel about caffeine?

Default Re: How do you ladies feel about caffeine?

I can not survive without a can of Dew in the am. It's like my coffee. I don't know why, it just gets me going. I've gotten a lot better too! Anytime I wasn't pregnant or BFing, I was drinking a ton of the stuff! Now that I'm down to only one can a day, hopefully I'll be able to cut it out altogether soon, b/c soda is sooo bad for me!
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

When I take my daily 3 hour walk with my daughter, I stop by this awesome coffee shop to get a small latte. All smiles and giggles from my daughter aside, it is the highlight of my day.

I love caffeine...I would marry it if I could.

I did the elimination thing in the beginning when he was born and he never was affected so my love affair with coffee lives on....
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I followed the guidelines for caffeine during pregnancy (300mg daily, maximum - if my memory is correct) and continued following the guidelines while breastfeeding (which is between 300 and 750 depending on what literature you are reading, so I stuck with 300mg or less). That's really a decent amount of caffeine. I didn't really have to cut back much at all.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    I love caffeine...I would marry it if I could.

I did the elimination thing in the beginning when he was born and he never was affected so my love affair with coffee lives on....
    working at Starbucks a few years ago got me seriously hooked. Hello, free beverages while on duty, all you can drink! Once I quit Sbucks I was drinking 4-6 cans of soda a day

I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant with DS and slowly introduced it back in. Both my kids don't seem bothered by it at all but I still only have it on occassion and then only 1-2 cans.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ministar View Post
    When I take my daily 3 hour walk with my daughter, I stop by this awesome coffee shop to get a small latte. All smiles and giggles from my daughter aside, it is the highlight of my day.
    Umm, hello, ministar, I don't know who you are, but you have to join our walking/running team We log our daily miles and try to reach a goal. http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=62234 Please pretty please!! We are a little behind...

It's essential to starting my day! I only have one or two coffees during the course of the day. I don't generally drink any pop.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*shannon75 View Post
    Umm, hello, ministar, I don't know who you are, but you have to join our walking/running team
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I usually have a soda or a cup of coffee each day right after I nurse K. It doesn't seem to have any effect on her behavior. I did notice that if I over do it or indulge in too much chocolate she will get super cranky and has a hard time settling down to sleep. Some days I think the chococlate's worth it
    Megan
    Karina Abigail-born 8/2/2008

Made it a year!! Here's to a long and happy BF realtionship!

I just say no. Seriously, though, I do steer clear of it. Before I even became pg with G, I figured out that I was addicted to it, so I completely cut it out. I drink decaf coffee, drink ginger ale or root beer if I am hankering for some carbonation.
    Robin