Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gulping choking and screaming while feeding

Default Re: gulping choking and screaming while feeding

thanks agaiguys had 2 feeds since then and they were great ok so maybe Ive covered the place in milk but at least lo is happy and me, now if we could just get rid of the colic.

Default Re: gulping choking and screaming while feeding

I had OALD and block feeding cleared it up for us. Here is a great link on how to begin block feeding. What worked for us was to not watch the clock but go by feedings. I would just feed DS on the right breast for 2 feedings, then the left breast the next 2, switch breast etc. This helped us deal with the oversupply so the letdown letup. I noticed an improvement in about a week.

I'm so glad you didn't give up and you figured it out. Breastfeeding is the best gift you can give your baby. Be proud of yourself for fighting through and giving your baby the best Keep coming here for support and help, it's a great resource.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies