Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: not nursing ninemonth old son

Default not nursing ninemonth old son

I am a working mother and for the past three weeks he is not nursing.He cries and shouts when i make his mouth and keep for feeding.Please help.
    I am now using breastpump and there is no milk coming also. Even at nites am not able to do, He identifies and not feeding and he shouts when i make him to sit in the lap.
    But in other way he identifies me and recognises me and smiles and comes to me only when i am at home after office.

Please advice what shall i do if he is not nursing.

Default Re: not nursing ninemonth old son

Hi Mama! Sounds like you're having a tough time. As a working mother myself I know it's easy to feel guilty for not being with our children the day, but don't let that get you down, we all do what we have to do. It sounds like he may be on a little nursing strike, and you should pump to keep your supply up. If you are not having success pumping we can try to help with that. What pump do you have? Are you pregnant?

Here is some info on nursing strikes

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html

and this one on maintaining supply

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/ma...pply-pump.html
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Hi Jenna,

thanks a lot for the reply. I am using MEME pump bought from toys n toys bangalore india.

unable to do any pumping.. frustrated am.

Tell us about that pump. Is it a double electric pump? If not you may want to consider a double electric one. Did you get a chance to read the links at all?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

already i have spent 2000 bucks indian money for that.. that itself is costly.. i dont know abt double electric ones.. its a battery operated one.. and we can put two pumps in it.. am worried.. i am trying to read that too.. have lot of work also now.. reading and working.. am inoffice.

Hang I there Mama.

PP gave lots of good info in those links. I assume younare sleeping with baby. Does he nurse at night? Try taking a bath together, lots of skin to skin contact.

If you aren't able to pump, can you express any milk just with your hand? Some. Mamas don't respond to pumping as well as others.

If your supply has dropped, you can take fenugreek seeds to boost it. I'm sorry, I'm typing on my PDA right now and can't send links, but I'm pretty sure you can take 3/4 of a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds 3 times a day to help with your supply.

Most of all, try not to stress. That will make I worse. Also, don't try to force baby to the breast. Just try to stay relaxed and offer as often as you can.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this Mama! Let us know how things go!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63