Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What about biting during sleep?

Default What about biting during sleep?

We had this problem once before, and not sure what stoped it, but it did stop.

But, it's back with a vengance...he bit me 3 times today all while sleeping, I KNOW he's VERY asleep because when I say, ACK or, Let Go, he does not budge...I have also tried to pry his mouth open, again does not open but clamps harder. It hurts SOOO bad, and he does not do it to the whole nipple JUST the tip...OMG....and it happens when I am trying to "remove" it, and yes it has happend while he was awake but really groggy, and while he is asleep...it hurts like crazy!

I solved the biting while awake, a long time ago, pretty easily, but this is a whole new thing.

Default Re: What about biting during sleep?

my dd did that for a while! I just had to keep my finger ready and when she stopped nursing I would try and un-latch her. And if she stayed asleep great, most of the time she would fuss and want to nurse a little bit longer.
    a few times and she would be asleep.
    ouch it does hurt, and its sort of like they are just trying to hold on in their sleep its not the same as trying to bite you when they are awake.

Yeah, I feel the same way, like somehow he's trying to keep me there so I cant just leave...man its driving me nuts though!

Thanks for the idea, I can try I guess, and PRAY it goes away fast!

Oh I feel ya on this one! I have no suggestions to get it to stop, but wish I did! My LO just started this sleep biting thing last week. The first time I about jumped outta the bed and thought it was a fluke but NO! he's done it at least once a night-feeding since. I just figure it's his way of letting me know I am not allowed to sleep while he's nursing! But it's his way of saying he;s done...

Good luck to you!!
    eme
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

LOL THANKS, yeah I have desided that too, only Zachary's not sure he likes that idea...he's got a bad BAD habit of staying latched A*L*L night long...so when I "retreat" after a bite, he screams. Though, maybe he's learning, because its gone down, not away but down...but DARN if my nipple is not so sore I cant touch it now....between the biting and he's sick so he is pulling off and on soo frequently, because he cant breath...eak!