Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Large Lump Under Arm?

Default Large Lump Under Arm?

I have been worried today, because what I thought was a full milk duct is not going away even when my breast are empty. It is a large lump near my arm pit on the right side and there is not one on the other side. I typically feed more on the left during the night and pump the right in the morning. This is why I thought it was the full duct, but the past two days I noticed that it is still there after feeding all day. I am hoping that it is bf related and not a lump. Obviously, I am going to have it checked out, but does anyone else have this?

Default Re: Large Lump Under Arm?

It could be a swollen lymph node. If it hasn't gone away after a few days I'd call your doctor just be on the safe side. But I get 2-3 a year and they usually go away.

Default Re: Large Lump Under Arm?

i had a lump develop in my armpit while pregnant and it's just shrinking now. it was about the size of a jujube and now it's the size of a pea. obviously get it checked out but what the doc told me for mine was that if it was very hard and immobile we had more cause to worry... and if it was more on the spongy side and or moveable (like a knee cap) that it was most likely a swollen lymph node or some wayward breast tissue. (mine turned out to be breast tissue and i have to be very careful with bras as the wrong kind can prevent drainage)

good luck!

[ j ]