Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing with the other side.

Default Re: Playing with the other side.

L loves twiddling too. Sometimes I don't mind it but sometimes it feels like what DH would do to me, not my 20-mo old son IYKWIM. When this happens, I feel a little freaked out and cover my other breast or put it back in my bra.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

G is also a twiddler and it DRIVES ME CRAZY! I, too, only take out one side at a time and she still finds her way in.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertmama View Post
    L loves twiddling too. Sometimes I don't mind it but sometimes it feels like what DH would do to me, not my 20-mo old son IYKWIM. When this happens, I feel a little freaked out and cover my other breast or put it back in my bra.

Does anyone else feel this way?
    I think thats part of my issue with it honestly!!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Joshua has always been a big time twiddler...at an LLLmeeting the leader told me they originally do it help the milk let down fast, and then it becomes a habit. Well, since I've been pregnant, it is too painful for him to pinch the other side. I use to let him do it all the time. Now I am trying to be consistent about saying "one side only". It is taking a long time for him to get it though, and he gets so upset. I'm hoping with some consistency he will eventually stop doing it. He still tries EVERY time though!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

My son does the same thing. He turned 1 on the 8th and has been doing it since he was about 10 months old. It wasn't annoying at first but lately he gets a bit rough so I have to tell him to be gentle. I tried to only take out 1 breast but he too found his way under my shirt and in my bra which I find pretty impressive He gets too upset when I tell him "no" so I try my best to distract him. I haven't tried the nursing necklace yet, so I may have to get one and see how that works. Good luck!

my little guy (33 months) does this as well, and has for a long time. in fact, now it's all he does! he doesn't "nurse" at all--i weaned him 5 months ago when it got too painful & stressful during my first trimester with his sibling-to-be, but when i noticed that he was too stressed out (we moved to a new house shortly thereafter), i decided to let him go back to nursing. however, in just a month he'd forgotten what to do with them!!! he put it in his mouth for a second, then spat it out like it was gross. now he'll kiss them & say "good night" or just play with them & hold onto them until he falls asleep. it still drives me nuts sometimes when it goes on too long or too vigorously, but this too shall pass, right???

It's very normal and annoying! DD is 18 months and does this too while BF'ing. Even if I just take out 1 boob to nurse, her hand will creep up under my shirt and bra and just "twiddle" The worst is that that twiddling can hurt and pinch! I remove her hand, and it creeps right back. It's like she has to know where both boobies are in space and feel them near her to be comfortable! Even while she's asleep and just comfort nursing, sometimes, that hand will reach out for the free boob!
    Cheryl

Mommy to Tessa Noelle 12/14/07

DD likes to play with my mouth while she nurses. She will pry my lips apart and when I redirect her hand always winds back up at my mouth. She likes to "twiddle" my lips so they make noise. The only time it's annoying is when she'd due for a nail trimming.
    Carie

Wife to Jimmy 8/14/09

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth born 8/12/08
    Birth weight: 9lbs 1oz 20"
    2 months: 12lbs 10oz 23 1/2"
    4 months: 16lbs 6oz 26"
    6 months: 19lbs 14oz 27 1/2"
    9 months: 23lbs 3oz 30 1/2"
    12 months: 26lbs 13oz 36"

We made it to a year and we're still going strong

Working &