Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is one day of not pumping going to mess up all my efforts????

Default Is one day of not pumping going to mess up all my efforts????

Today has been tough... DS doesn't want to sleep... I managed to pump two or 3 time this morning but I haven't pumped in hours. I'm setting up to pump now and I will cluster pump my little heart out tonight (DH gets home in less than an hour and can take over with DS) to try and make up for it... But will one day of messing up (I'm on day 4 of the process) hurt me in the long run? Or can I 'undo' it by pumping as often as possible for the rest of the night?

I feel horrible that I couldn't get to pumping today but I couldn't bring myself to let DS cry while I pumped. It just makes it harder to relax and he gets into all out screams (where he holds his breath) so quick.

Thanks ladies!

Default Re: Is one day of not pumping going to mess up all my efforts????

Hi Felicia,

You're fine. Babies have days where they nurse just as you have pumped today. (I know it is a little different with relactation) But hang in there, and pump your little heart out tonight. I can understand how you had to meet ds's needs today and weren't going to let him cry. What a great mom you are!

Default Re: Is one day of not pumping going to mess up all my efforts????

Thanks Kate! I feel much better now that I've been able to pump a few times tonight! I've pumped 3 times already tonight so I know that I'm almost to my min of 8...

I'll just have to be sure to get a bit earlier in the morning tomorrow and pump a couple times before DH leaves for work...

Thanks Kate... You ladies here always make me feel better!