Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pinching!!!!!

Exclamation pinching!!!!!

so, dd (8mo) keeps pinching me while she nurses. it is not for fun, she doesn't laugh or anything. i think it's a comfort thing she pinches the skin between her thumb and fore finger and rubs, like she would a lovey. it really hurts and my boobs are bruised. any ideas to get her to stop this??
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Default Re: pinching!!!!!

I have no ideas....Nolan does this to me all the time....and everywhere. Neck, breasts....all the places that hurt...

I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Where's your nursing necklace when this is going on?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    I have no ideas....Nolan does this to me all the time....and everywhere. Neck, breasts....all the places that hurt...

And lately she has been pinching my moles and freckles, like she thinks they can come off. It drives me crazy! Especially when her nails aren't cut short enough.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Where's your nursing necklace when this is going on?

OMG!! i don't have one for her yet i forgot about them. money is tight right now, so maybe it would be doable in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    And lately she has been pinching my moles and freckles, like she thinks they can come off. It drives me crazy! Especially when her nails aren't cut short enough.
    james does this to a mole i have on my neck, he has made it bleed before
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

ds does this as well. I'm bruised all over.

oh, and he nearly choked me with the nursing necklace I had it looped around my neck (which was stupid, I admit) because it was too long and when he grabbed it and pulled on it the loop tightened around my neck. He pulled so hard it got tangled and hubby had to cut me loose
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Ouch - DS just started this (on my free breast, and mostly on the nipple - yikes!) a few weeks ago. Do nursing necklaces help? What one do you like?
    Last edited by @llli*imma2nonstopaa; November 17th, 2008 at 08:53 PM.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

taggie blanket... Silas did this for awhile and then i made a little fleece blanket with satin ribbon pieces around the edge, works like a charm, he rub thes pieces just like he did my skin HTH

Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

My LO is a "picker" as well. He's got to be fiddling with something all. the. time.
    When he was older I wouldn't allow pinching or twiddling. I'm pretty easy going but those things made me crazy. So we quit nursing when he did that or put my hand over my other breast or stopped it somehow. It was tougher when he was trying to go to sleep, but we made it. I think it took him about a month to quit reaching for my breast.
    Reinforced easy touches and kept his nails as short as I could. He never would pick on anything other than me but I kept trying. I like the taggie blanket idea!

We're nursing a lot less these days but now he likes to squeeze my breasts for me since there isn't a whole ton of milk or a big let down like the old days