Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any Moms take vitamins or nutrients

Default Any Moms take vitamins or nutrients

I take a prenatal vitamin everyday. I am so tired everyday now. My DD is almost 7 mo EBF, sleeping generally well. I would say I get about at least 6 hours a night sometimes am spoiled and get 8 but am still just so tired. I was thinking about taking a B complex so went to Kellymom and they say that I shouldn't need any vitamins only a good diet. Which I admit is not so great. My cousin had her DS 5 months ago is now lost all baby weight and more but also has an amazing and healthy cook for a dh. Jealous I am!

Wondering is everyone tired? Anyone taking any vitamins?
    Theresa with moby wrapmy little so I can work too
    13mos and counting

Default Re: Any Moms take vitamins or nutrients

I just take my prenatal vitamins.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I'm so very tired. But I'm also really bad about going to bed when I have the chance (like now) b/c I'm so happy to have some "me" time.

I take prenatals, an iron supplement, and some omegas. I think if you are low on iron you can have less energy. I forget to take mine all the time though.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I just take a regular multi and Vit d when I remember.. ( which is a few times a week)
    You don't need a stellar diet.. Just make sure you are getting enough protein and iron and fluids. Drink lots of water, eat protein and iron rich foods.
    Also its common to have thryoid issues post partum - that could be making you tired. You might want to get your thyoid checked.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

I take a prenatal when I remember, which lately hasn't been too often. Yep, and I'm tired, but like pp said, I could also go to bed earlier than I do, so I think it's more me than lack of vitamins. I would check the level of vit's in your prenatal before adding additional supp's though, I know when I ran out of my prenatals at one point, I took one of those one a day vitamin packs, and it turned my milk bright yellow-probably harmless, but a little disturbing. If you're really run down, it wouldn't hurt to get some blood work too for thyroid, iron levels, etc. just to make sure everything's good.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

I take a prenatal...I tried taking omegas but they made me sick to my stomach.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

This is my daily run down
    1 prenatal
    3 calciums and 2 magnisiums -this is because 2 cal 1 mag combo keeps my migrains away but I upped the calc. since I've had to go dairy free for DD and the extra mag. is to keep me from getting constipated from all the calcium
    and 1 B complex when I remember

I usually forget the B vit. since I take everything else at night and I don't sleep well if I add the B, so I try to take it after breakfast but with two kids under two I'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth before noon

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

I feel your fatigue! ;-)

I take a pre-natal (with iron b/c I have iron issues), a calcium supplement b/c my nails have fallen apart since I started bf, omega b/c of what it does for brain development and echinicea b/c my dh is a firefighter, my two older los are in elementary school and our house is often ground-zero for Cold Central, lol. It's like a pharmacy in my kitchen sometimes.
    Babies are Just Awesome

now cloth diapering that
    Mom to Liv, Soph & now Baby Nate Nate

Are you typing with one hand, too?

birth: 7lbs 14oz / discharge: 7lbs 1oz / day 7 8lbs 1 oz / day 14 8lbs 15oz / day 28 10lbs 7oz / 9 weeks 13lbs 12oz/ 17 weeks 16lbs 2oz
    / 6 months 19lbs 7oz