Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Wreck

Default Emotional Wreck

I don't know what is wrong with me tonight. The whole time Ryan has been weaned I have been okay. Tonight I started bawling when she was laying with me on the couch. Is this normal? I just got this weird feeling that my baby is growing up and I started crying. Please tell me I'm not going nuts and these emotions are normal!
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

Default Re: Emotional Wreck

sister I am right there with you. It kills me when Cooper wakes up from time to time asking for milk. that cup of milk comforting him should be me! But he doesnt need me like that anymore. Its been several weeks for me, and I still feel that way. we will probably always feel this way deep down, we will probably always miss that feeling of closeness. Watching them grow up, and not 'need' us is hard!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

It's crazy Heather, I cannot stop crying! A little while ago she was upset and I thought if I could just nurse her it would make everything better. I feel horrible b/c I was the one ready to stop nursing. She didn't need meanymore, but I was the main one who was ready to stop. Now I feel kind of guilty. I'm sure it's just the emotions. Aaaaahhh

Thanks for listening to my rambles!
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07

Age Ticker

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

The worst was when he was sick two weeks ago...this kid had one cold in his whole life before this. I so wanted to nurse him. I kept kicking myself, thinking if we were nursing, he wouldnt be sick.

Its crazy what the hormones do to you. your right, its really emotional. I dont mind you rambling, b/c I know exactly how you feel. You are me a few weeks ago! My husband/family doesnt understand, so I'm glad I have the girls here to ramble to.
    Day by day, it gets easier. not much, but its easier than the day before.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Tracy I wanted to say reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I know exactly how you feel and am sure I will go through the exact same thing once we're weaned completely. Hang in there!!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Well Tracy! How nice to see you!
    Feels like you fell off there for a while and now you are here dropping the "weaned" bomb!
    How bout if you tell us your story? I think telling the weaning stories helps you reflect and move through it and it's inspiring to hear for those of us who aren't there yet.
    SInce I haven't seen you around at all in months I don't feel like we were with you through this transition. But I would still like to hear about it. What made you decide it was time? Was it gradual? Was it child led or Mother led weaning? How is baby doing? How are you doing besides being an emotional wreck? Did you lose or gain weight? How long have you guys been done?
    Please.
    Tell the story of your journey.

Way too lazy for formula

Big hug's Tracy!

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Joshua is starting to cut down a bit, and even not wanting those few sessions is hard to grasp. Just remember she will always need you in so many other ways, and she is still your little baby

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

I think it is normal. It doesn't make it any easier does it? LO weaned on her own due to changes during pregnancy. There were moments when i was like enough already and others where I keep trying to convince her to not stop. I wish I could tell you it gets easier (it's been 2 months for us) but i am not sure it ever will. I just think it is suppose to be such wonderful memories so that you never forget them. Does that make sense? Like the day they have their own children, it is just suppose to be a sweet memory that brings you joy. It is okay to cry! It is ok to miss it! It is your wonderful mommy feelings of pure love. What more can you ask for. It is those same feelings that make me wonder why you wouldn't nurse if you can!
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

You guys are so great...thanks!

Shelly, almost all your questions are answered here. It did feel better to write my story! I know I haven't been around much, life has been hectic! As far as the weight goes, I haven't gained any extra weight (thank God, cuz I don't know where I'd put it)! I'm trying to lose some now, but it just doesn't seem to want to go anywhere.

Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive.

Age Ticker