Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: cannot decide if i'm just embarassed or a little angry

Default cannot decide if i'm just embarassed or a little angry

I was just pumping in my office and someone unlocked the door and started coming in. I have no idea who it was..... (and now i'm not sure who all has keys).

I am a college prof and I have my own private office. As soon as I heard the door i just started yelling "wait wait stop stop"

and I finally heard - Oh, I didnt see your sign.

Yes - my sign! I always put a sign on my door that says "Pumping, please come back in 15 minutes"

Should I just totally get over it? Should I talk to my department head? Should I be a little upset?

What should I do differently so this doesnt happen again??

Default Re: cannot decide if i'm just embarassed or a little angry

I'd be upset that someone has keys to your office and you don't know who it is. You should know who has access to your private office.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I'd be upset that someone has keys to your office and you don't know who it is. You should know who has access to your private office.
    I don't know what else you could do!!! It's happened to me too.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Maybe it was a cleaning person?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

How could they not read your sign... and then say oops sorry I didnt read it Do you share your office with another teacher? I by no means would be embarassed!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    Maybe it was a cleaning person?
    That is exactly what I was thinking.

One of the senior partners a/k/a old dudes here walked in on me once. He was soooo embarrassed but I laughed it off. Not saying you don't have a right to be mad, but maybe it was an isolated incident.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Nope - you're justified. You need to know who has access to your office and why they have keys that you're unaware of.

my first thought was cleaning person as well.

was it after hours or in the evening?

I don't think I would get too upset - I mean he/she should have definitely read your sign, but I'm guessing from now on they will be looking at your door very carefully
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I'm thinking it may be the cleaning lady too - i dont know!

I dont share an office and it happened like at 3:00 in the afternoon(for those of you who asked)

I made a bright orange sign to put on my door though. Hopefully it will catch people's attention. If it happens again - I'll see what the deal is.

Hopefully it will be an isolated case