Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coping with a growth spurt

Default Re: Coping with a growth spurt

Thanks for your replies...

durhamgrrl, yes I know what you mean...it feels like such a bitter disappointment that something you want to do and should be natural is so elusive no matter how hard you try. I don't think people who have not had this experience really understand and it's easy to say oh just give formula instead but it tears you up every time you give the formula. I never thought it would affect me like this (but then I guess I always thought that BFing would be hard work but straightforward).

Xerex, it's so encouraging to read your post. To know that at least one person succeeded really helps.

umbribyz, sorry you're not feeling so good. I hope that you feel better soon and all the best with your BFing endeavours...you are working so hard to do the best for your LO.

djs.mom, Eleanor was just having brick red deposits with v little liquid for the first couple of weeks.

well I'm pleased to report that over the last few days, we've been reducing formula again and yesterday we were back at 8oz.

However, Eleanor was quite distressed last night. She didn't need more food and there was no obvious problem but every time I put her down she started screaming (even though she seemed fast asleep before I put her down). She never does this normally. She's been drooling a lot more over the past week or so and has started chewing her fist....could this be the start of teething. Her cheeks haven't been red much so I didn't think it was.
    Cloth diaper using mummy to Eleanor Louise (born 4th Aug 2008)
    Expecting #2 on my birthday 15th March 2011.

Sounds like teething. Sometimes teething symptoms appear off and on for a while before those pearly whites break through. Also makes them want to nurse more for comfort.

Thanks for the well wishes and hope things continue on the upswing for you! This is quite the journey isn't it?
    2001 2004 2008

well I'm pleased to report that over the last few days, we've been reducing formula again and yesterday we were back at 8oz.
    ditto the
    2001 2004 2008

Try putting her to sleep at a slight incline. It helps with teething is that is what it is, and it also helps with reflux if that's what it is.

Way too lazy for formula

If cold things (teething rings, frozen washcloths etc) help its probably the teeth...Good luck with that
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.