Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I Hate My Period

Default I Hate My Period

I hate the drop in milk supply it causes, and it seems in the last few months, that the supply has a hard time coming back up to par. I am struggling just to get 3oz today. I know my pump is partly to blame, I have used it now for 18 months. I know that she does not need the milk at daycare anymore, but I have such a sense of guilt if I don't provide it. So looks like its back on the fenugreek for me...ugh! She is 21 months old, I do not want to wean. I honestly don't mind pumping, it is just so discouraging that on Friday, I got my 4-6 oz, and today...I got 2. My period is due in a few days, so I know this is why. I have always struggled with a low supply, so I am afraid that if I do not pump, weaning may be in the near future, I am hoping to let her wean naturally.

Thanks for reading the hormonal rantings of me!
    Last edited by Hbsmomma; August 16th, 2006 at 12:30 PM.

Default Re: I Hate My Period

I stopped pumping at work when my guy was about 10-11 months old.
    I've never had a lot of milk, either (just enough!), and stopping pumping did not diminish my supply any more. I just adjusted to not pumping. When he nurses, there's still plenty of milk.

WTG on pumping for so long!

WOW thats awesome you've been pumping so long! I dont have any advice but WOW that's just awesome!

Thanks ladies. I guess it has just become a part of every day life for me. I am starting the Blessed Thistle, and Fenugreek today, so that should help,

Wish me luck. Does anyone have a PIS plug they are not using anymore?