Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Combining to increase milk

Default Combining to increase milk

Can you combine fenugreek tincture and more milk plus?

Default Re: Combining to increase milk

As far as I know, yes. You know you're getting enough fenugreek when your sweat and urine start to have a maple syrup odor.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I know that you can combine fenugrek and More milk plus, but more milk plus contains a lot of fenugreek already. I heard that it is not true that you have to smell like maple syrup to know that you are getting enough. A lot of women do smell maple, but if you don't it is probably still working.

Check Motherlove's website and see if there is any info about it. One word of caution, fenugreek can make asthma symptoms worse so use with caution if that is an issue for you.
    2001 2004 2008

Thanks for that info I am an asthmatic.

I have asthma too and am taking Motherlove's More Milk Special Blend for over 3 months now. I do not have asthma symptoms very often anyway so I figured it was worth the risk for me. Clearly, you will need to evaluate based on your own condition. What I have noticed is that the herbs themselves do not cause me to have an attack, but if I am around a trigger my symptoms are worse than before. For example, what would have given me a cough and wheeze before is turning into a full-blown attack where I need my rescue inhaler. Just FYI...
    2001 2004 2008

I have found myself using the inhaler daily but thought just cause season change n more allergens, now I am wondering? But my lo needs the milk.