Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: will fenugreek or alfalfa increase my supply???

Default Re: will fenugreek or alfalfa increase my supply???

I've been taking Fenugreek for the past couple months along with Domperidone (I'm in Canada) and it seems to help with my milk supply. I also have oatmeal everyday (I do not enjoy oatmeal).

Try to get in rest and water! Good luck! I heard Fenugreek works best with Blessed Thistle.

Mattea's Mommie
    Born: May 18 * 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*cheebee5 View Post
    I've been taking Fenugreek for the past couple months along with Domperidone (I'm in Canada) and it seems to help with my milk supply. I also have oatmeal everyday (I do not enjoy oatmeal).

Try to get in rest and water! Good luck! I heard Fenugreek works best with Blessed Thistle.
    I love oatmeal, but tried to stay away from those extra calories, as I want my pre-pregnancy body back so bad, but not more than BFing my baby, so I can wait with dieting for few more months, I guess. But was still wondering if those herbs won't make me fatter???
    Mother to 3 beautiful girls

Victoria, our queen, born on 04/15/1993, our pride and joy!
    Natalie, our little princess, born on 08/24/2008
    at birth 7lbs 11oz, 20"
    at 2 y.o check up: 26lbs, 34 1/2"
    Sofia, our tiny princess, baby-surprize,
    born 07/20/2010 at 6lbs 10oz, 19"
    6 weeks: 9lbs 14oz; 21 1/2"
    2.5 months: 11lbs 5oz

4.5 months: 13lbs 4oz; 24 1/2"

We are still exclusively
    at work

I doubt the herbs do anything to weight.

And if you are worried about the oatmeal, just choose other things like chicken, veggies, brown rice....those are all things that are still very healthy but you can still gradually take off weight with.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    I doubt the herbs do anything to weight.

And if you are worried about the oatmeal, just choose other things like chicken, veggies, brown rice....those are all things that are still very healthy but you can still gradually take off weight with.
    I know, but I'm one of those people who gains weight even by watching others eat. I can't complain, I lost 25lbs out of 29 I gained during pregnancy (the last 4 probably are my breasts:-) during first fefw weeks doing absolutely nothig, but I gained like 10-12lbs before I got pregnant due to quitting smoking and also somoe hormons i had to take. I used to be size 4 (it was loose on me at times), and then i was 6 before got pregnant, now I'm 6, but close to 8. My baby's now 11.5 weeks and I'm back to work (my second week), I'm BFing and so exhausted that can't even excersize. I know I strtess myself too much and have to give myself more time (my hubby sais i have to be greatful for not being size 12 after giving borth and being almost myself without doing anything or even eating more. I know he's probably right). Any suggestions?

at birth 7lbs 11oz, 20"

We are still exclusively
    at work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*confused View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Listen to your hubby mama!

I was a 4 before baby as well and until last week I had lost NO pounds! You are doing a great job! Don't sweat it...you'll get there soon enough!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    I tried it once but didn't like it. It almost seemed to hinder my supply so I stopped taking it. I know that everyone else I have heard of loves it though.

If you want to throw a couple bucks my way for shipping I will send you my bottle so you can try it.
    if this offer stands for anyone, I'll take it

I've been taking Fenugreek and can't really tell if there is any difference but I am now having to pump and I don't seem to be getting a lot even with a good medela pump.

I want to start taking alfalfa but the tablets I bought are so big and bulky they get lodged in my throat when I take them, even if I cut them up. it hurts :P

Plus, I just started eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I dont use the instant oatmeal, I make my own with the oats, milk and a little bit of sugar, it's great!
    Mommy to
    Eden Jolie
    August 27, 2008
    and
    Desmond William
    November 28, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*edens.mami View Post
    A mama PM'd me about it so if she ends up not wanting to get it I will let you know.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

haha okay! thanks! Just let me know
    btw, I loveee the pic in your signature! So cute that they are making the same face!
    Mommy to
    Eden Jolie
    August 27, 2008
    and
    Desmond William
    November 28, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*edens.mami View Post

I've been taking Fenugreek and can't really tell if there is any difference but I am now having to pump and I don't seem to be getting a lot even with a good medela pump.

I myself BF for 10 weeks and now I'm back to work and pumping. I have my bad days, that's why I actually started this thread, but what I've noticed after almost 2 weeks of pumping is that I have enough (maybe a few mL more, but not too much more, about just enough) for my baby daughter (BTW, your baby and mine are just few days apart). I myslef started eating oatmeal, let's see, but just keep pumping, try to do it more often, once you see almost no milk coming out the breast, switch to another one, then back...and like this, back and forth...It works. Try to read something while pumping...Something that's take your attention from not getting enough. I'm sure we'll be fine!

I want to start taking alfalfa but the tablets I bought are so big and bulky they get lodged in my throat when I take them, even if I cut them up. it hurts :P

Plus, I just started eating oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I dont use the instant oatmeal, I make my own with the oats, milk and a little bit of sugar, it's great!
    Good luck to you

at birth 7lbs 11oz, 20"

We are still exclusively
    at work

Why are you so worried about oatmeal making you gain weight? Is it from the carbs? If so, know that they are good carbs, and the fiber in the oatmeal will actually keep you fuller longer so you might not have the temptation for a mid-morning snack like you would if you just ate something like yogurt for breakfast. I don't buy the packets I buy the kind in a can and I make it every morning with milk for extra calcium and add just a touch of honey and cinnamon. I also add walnuts for omega-3's and either raisins or a fresh sliced banana for a fruit serving. Remember too to drink enough water! I hope the pills work, sorry the kale drink didn't work out for you - I tried it and it was tasty but I didn't see any kind of increase in my supply FWIW.
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ