Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food Allergy testing - iGg blood test

Default Food Allergy testing - iGg blood test

What are your thoughts on getting a food allergy test done (iGg blood test - ELISA for example) instead of guessing with the traditional rotation of foods every week watching for reactions. Has anyone done this on their child?

Default Re: Food Allergy testing - iGg blood test

Are you suspecting food allergies or do they run in the family?

No but iGg tests more for food sensitivities which ultimately compromise your overall health.

I really do not know alot about those tests. We did a skin prick test at 7 months bc ds was showing signs of allergies. I personally would not have tested for anything if there were not any signs. You might have better luck starting a thread on the allergy forum

I"m not sure what the IGg test is, but I just had the ImmunoCap test done on my 4.5 month old. He is having a super hard time with eczema and I didn't want to keep using Cortaid. I had been spending months eliminating certain foods from my diet and not figuring anything out. Turns out, he's not allergic to any of the common allergens! This test is a blood draw and they test for about 13 common allergens. I felt the short pain of the blood draw was worth getting some scientific feedback about his condition, allowing me to start eating a wide variety of foods again, and easing my mind a little when we start solids in a few months.

being that I work in the lab, I am not in favor of unnecessary blood tests. The needle pricks however small are traumatic for the baby. There is no need to rush the solid foods so doing the one at a time waiting game works well. at least for us. The only tiem that sesitivities compromise the health is if you push too far, or at least that is how I learned it.