Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can't decide

Default Can't decide

I have to leave for a work trip tomorrow (Tue) late afternoon. I'll return home Saturday before noon. My lo is 15 months old. This is a big conference my office puts on and I'm really involved the whole day 7am - 9pm. I won't have much time to spend with lo and I'll have little energy left to take care of her.

As it stands I'm a little ready for a break but the poor dear has been plagued with teeth, ear infections, colds, more teeth and more colds. She's just getting over a sinus infection. I'm not complaining about taking care of her because I love her so much. But I'm torn about taking her along with me or leaving her at home. I'd need to bring a babysitter (which I have available) but after working long hard days I'd have to work long hard nights too. I've never been selfish but I kind of would like to sleep through the night and have enough energy to do my best at this conference. I still nurse lo 3 -6 times a day (1 -3 times at night). I'm worried that she won't want me if I leave her home (with my husband) I think she'll be mad at me and maybe won't want to nurse anymore?

Has anyone left their 15 month old for a few days and returned to still have a good relationship and bf relationship. I know it's really selfish of me to even think to leave her when I can bring her but I'm completely exhausted and this conference takes a lot of energy.

I would appreciate any advise or experiences. Thank you!
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Default Re: Can't decide

I left my 19 mo old for a 2 day one night trip and was really concerned about how she'd do. She nursed a lot at night and (I thought) depended on my to sleep. She did amazingly well. I think since I wasn't there and she knew I wasn't available she didn't wake as often to nurse and went right back to sleep when she did wake. The second day she was really clingy on daddy and had a low fever (she got sick while I was gone ) but as soon as she saw me all was forgiven and she just nursed herself right to sleep.

Do what you need to do, mama. Is it possible to have someone bring the baby to you the second day if things are going really bad at home without you?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Can't decide

Thanks. I am very nervous. I feel super bad for thinking of leaving her home. She is in good hands though and there's not a lot for her to do at the hotel. I can have her brought to me if it's necessary, I'm only about 5 hours away. Thanks for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11