Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Storage of thawed milk

Default Storage of thawed milk

I am going back to work this week and my mom is keeping my 4 month old. I have a decent supply of pumped milk in my freezer that I plan on giving to my mom to give my son while I am at work. I had planned on thawing out enough for his bottle each day so she wouldn't have to mess with thawing the milk. How long will thawed milk keep in the fridge? I am only going back part time, so I was only planning on thawing the milk the night before, putting the bottle in the fridge and then putting in her fridge when I drop him off.

Is this ok?

Default Re: Storage of thawed milk

I have read that it is good for 24 hours.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

It's good for 24 hours. I would suggest giving her 1 bag for her freezer just in case you underestimate need or LO starts a growth spurt. HOWEVER, if she's the kind of person to feed the baby every time he's unhappy, ignore that advice!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

you could move it from the freezer to fridge and thaw it out that way, it takes a day or so i think but it may last longer than 24 hrs
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.