Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to pump extra?

Default how to pump extra?

i pump in the am for my dd's morning bottle, then at lunch for her afternoon bottle, then bf all evening, night, & w-end. how do i pump to store extra for date nights, etc? i've found that when i do have extra in the freezer, my mom gives it to her saying "she got hungry" i'm down to only 3 bags in the freezer.
    Wife to Larry since 7-08-06, Mom to Merryn, born 7-28-08
    We're trying to while going to work, finishing school, and keeping family first

Default Re: how to pump extra?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*merryns.mom View Post
    i pump in the am for my dd's morning bottle, then at lunch for her afternoon bottle, then bf all evening, night, & w-end. how do i pump to store extra for date nights, etc? i've found that when i do have extra in the freezer, my mom gives it to her saying "she got hungry" i'm down to only 3 bags in the freezer.
    2 things-can you sneak in an occasional pumping session at night to rebuild the stash-like when you know DD will be sleeping for 2 or more hours?

I would address the issue with your mom. Is she used to BM? Is she reading hunger cues correctly?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

i think that the grandmas think that everytime dd cries, she's hungry
    Wife to Larry since 7-08-06, Mom to Merryn, born 7-28-08
    We're trying to while going to work, finishing school, and keeping family first

Can you hide it in the freezer? For instance, put the milk you pump inside an extra ziploc then inside an empty flour bag then in a large ziploc at the back? Or wrap it in foil like leftovers & put it at the back/bottom?

Also, can you fit a pumping in between feedings on the weekend, while DH has your daughter?
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*merryns.mom View Post
    i think that the grandmas think that everytime dd cries, she's hungry
    My DH has this problem too! Can you only make certain bottles and hide the rest like pp suggested?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language