Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Period causing drop in supply

Default Period causing drop in supply

Is it true that your milk production drops during your period? As long as LO seems happy, I don't have to worry about my supply, though right?
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Default Re: Period causing drop in supply

Some women experience a drop in supply, but some don't. And you are correct: as long as your baby seems happy there's no need to worry. And even if she's fussy for a few days, there's still no need to worry because your supply isn't gone, it's just a lower, and it will bounce back in a hurry.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I was one who never noticed a dip in my supply. But I didnt get my period back until a year later, so DS was already nursing less anyway, and never complained about not having enough milk.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Some women experience a drop in supply, but some don't. And you are correct: as long as your baby seems happy there's no need to worry. And even if she's fussy for a few days, there's still no need to worry because your supply isn't gone, it's just a lower, and it will bounce back in a hurry.
    exactly... I used to notice a dip right before and during the first day or 2 of my period. I just let my Lo nurse more. It always bounced right back up.. You will be fine. I got my periods back RIGHT away ( 1 month post partum ) depsite exclusively breastfeeding and now at 17 m old my lo is still nursing 4-5 times a day.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!