Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please help

Question Please help!! How to encourage my 4M baby to BF (he is partly bottle fed)

My baby is 4 months old. Thought my milk supply was low, and is parly bottle fed. I am pumping frequently and eating good, and strongly believe my milk supply is better than before. But he cries when I try to feed him when awake, nurses when he is sleepy. So my old lady insists that he be bottle fed mostly. I want to feed him. How can i encourage him to drink breast milk.
    Last edited by @llli*dev1234; November 11th, 2008 at 11:50 PM.

Default Re: Please help

Here is a link on fussing during nursing - maybe something here will sound familiar? http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...e-nursing.html
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Are you a SAHM? If so, I would stop pumping for a little while, stop the formula and just BF. Your supply will adjust to your baby's needs naturally. if you've been pumping a lot, you might have oversupply.

Many women are nervous about their supply because it can't be measured like formula can. Trust that your body can respond to your baby's needs. And don't listen to what pro-formula people say. Block it out. They don't know what's best for your baby. You do. Listen to what your heart says.
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Teething?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!